Business Cover Letter writing
Rules to writing a successful business cover letter
Opening paragraph: In order to bring yourself to the attention of the reader, you may use any of the following.
- Name the opening
- Request an opening
- Question the availability of an opening
- Interest in the field and in the company
Middle paragraph: You need to provide plenty of reasons to the employer to invite you for an interview, and this is where you will give it to them. Include information such as the following:
- Work experience
- Responsibilities held in previous positions
- Contributions made by you
- Key accomplishments
Closing paragraph: You have introduced yourself in the first paragraph. You have provided solid proof about what you can do and how valuable you can be to any company in the second paragraph. Now, in the third and the closing paragraph, you need to ensure that the reader takes a positive action after going through section. The following points should be included:
- Unique abilities and talents that puts you apart from other applicants.
- Make a sincere request for an interview
- Make the reader follow up by proving your complete contact details
Remember that your business cover letter is an important job search tool. It allows you to disclose information that you cannot mention on your resume. So you need to make sure that there are no grammatical errors, the presentation is professional, and the language is simple and effective. With these in mind, you can go ahead and draft for yourself the perfect business cover letter.